Global perspectives on innovation, efficiency and sustainability in shipping
- 4 concurrent streams focussing on innovation in ship design, energy management, emissions reduction & discharges to sea
- Cargo owners' response to increased pressure for a sustainable logistics chain
- Shipowner panels analyse the realities of using new onboard technology
- Technology innovators discuss the challenges of moving 'novel technology' from concept to reality
- Shipyard focus: how do owners, yards and designers work together to improve new ship designs?
- Industry experience of ECAs and lessons learnt
Trident Alliance Chair Anna Larsson and Steering Committee member Niels Bjorn Mortensen will take part as a key speakers in the session on 17th March from 10.10-10.50 am.
"What is the industry experience of the introduction of ECAs and what lessons can be learned about enforcement and compliance? "
- How does industry experience an issue that has been highly debated, challenging and expensive?
- How was ECA implementation, are scrubbers functioning, is LSFO available, is enforcement taking place?
- What lessons can be learned from this for BWMS?
- Will a stricter SOx inspection regime in 2016 be effective?
- How willcompliance be checked in 2020/2025?
Follow discussions on Twitter #GST2016